Monday, February 4, 2013

Chocolate Banana Smoothie | Healthy, Filling Breakfast

I am a smoothie drinker.  I have a smoothie EVERY morning for breakfast.  I find them much more filling than cereal, and talk about convenient!  I will be experimenting with more smoothies over the next few weeks because I ran out of Body by Vi [which tastes awesome!] and it's just not in my budget to get more right now.  I'm looking into other protein powders like Nature's Bounty, that have lots of calcium, but for now I'm fine with just having smoothies without added nutrients. [That was probably too much information for people who are just looking for recipes, but I digress...]

Chocolate Banana Smoothie

This recipe is definitely for banana lovers.  If you don't like bananas though you can try replacing the 1/2 banana with 1 cup of strawberries. [fresh or frozen]
Place ice and milk in the blender, and then all of the other ingredients and blend.

Note: [I like to use soy and almond milk because of the calcium AND that vanilla flavor adds a little bit of sweetness.  The smoothies also turn out so rich and creamy, but feel free to try whatever milk you usually drink.]
 Next time I might try using frozen bananas or frozen strawberries just to get that "slushy" feeling, but this was definitely ice-cold and smooth!  If you have any easy smoothie recipes feel free to share in the comments!  I'm looking for some quick, easy, and filling breakfast ideas! 

Thanks & enjoy!

P.S.
I should probably mention I'm not a big yogurt smoothie person.  I love eating yogurt, I'm just not a huge fan of drinking it, so my recipes will probably not include yogurt.  [Although things may change as I continue to experiment]

No comments:

Post a Comment