Saturday, March 2, 2013

Gluten-free Chocolate Chip Cookies

Happy Saturday, everyone! I'm taking a break from rearranging our furniture (why I can't I just chill on Saturdays like a normal person?) to tell you about some awesome cookies. The recipe only has a few ingredients...and the best part is: they are gluten-FREE! I haven't been feeling well lately (and by lately I mean in a long time). I decided to cut back on gluten and see what happens. So far I am feeling much better!

For me, one of the hardest things about cutting out gluten is missing out on so many desserts! These cookies were so delicious. I just have to keep them on hand all the time now. You can find the original recipe here.

Ingredients:
1 cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar (I only used about 1/2 cup.)
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (I chopped up a fair trade chocolate bar.)



Baking Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix everything except chocolate together until well blended.
Stir in chocolate chips.

Drop dough balls onto cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. I don't like how fat PB cookies stay if you don't smash them down, so during this part of the recipe I used a fork to cross hatch my cookies.

Bake for 12 to 14 minutes.

Cool, eat, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment