Saturday, March 30, 2013

Italian Baked Chicken


Wow it has been a while!  I accidentally deleted all of my recipe/food photos, so they will be Instagram photos for a while. [oopsy]

Today I have a recipe for baked Italian chicken, but the REAL star of this dish is the pasta sauce you create at the same time.  This was THE best sauce I've ever eaten [and my uber picky husband loved it too!].

3-4 chicken breasts
1 can diced tomatoes
2 tbsp minced garlic from jar [or 2 cloves minced fresh]
1 can artichoke hearts
1 tbsp olive oil
dash salt & pepper
2 tbsp flour
2 cups shredded mozzarella
basil [a sprinkling is a measurement right?]

Drain the artichokes and combine all of the ingredients except cheese in a 9x13 baking dish.  I baked this dish at 400 degrees for about an hour because I was cooking something else at the same time, but I baked it with a meat thermometer inserted to make sure I took it out at the right time.  My chicken was also really thick.  I kind of hate baking chicken because I never know how long is too long, but I digress.  The true star is the sauce anyway.  When the chicken is done, take out and top each piece with a generous handful of cheese and sprinkle with basil.  I served the chicken and sauce over linguine [which is my new favorite].  You WILL enjoy this dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment