Monday, March 18, 2013

Stovetop Chili in a Hurry

Hello all!  Kristin has had to hold the fort while I've been busy the past week or two.  Tonight though, I thought I'd take a break from photography and lesson plans to share a super simple and fast chili recipe.

*This is my go-to recipe.  I try to always have the ingredients for this chili in my cabinet.

Ingredients:
-1 lb ground meat [I used lean ground beef]
-1 6 oz can of tomato paste [I don't always add this...]
-1 can of diced tomatoes [or 1 diced tomato]
-1 15 oz can of:  black beans, light red kidney beans, dark red kidney beans [or whatever beans you like]
-1 small diced onion
-1 diced green pepper
-1 packet of chili seasoning

Brown the meat in a large pot with the onions.  Drain and add all of the other ingredients [do not drain the cans, use the liquid to help your chili].  I also add about 6 oz of water using the tomato paste can.  Stir and bring to a boil.  Once it's boiling, cover and let simmer for about 20-30 minutes.  During this time, I make bread.  I'm also going to share an amazing bread seasoning recipe.

Buy a french loaf [dough], I usually use Pillsbury.  Place on a stone or non-stick cooking sheet and cut every 2 inches.  In a small bowl, mix together 1 egg white, 1 minced garlic clove [or 1 tsp of minced garlic in a jar], and about a tbsp of a seasoning you like [unless you want it to be garlic bread].  I use Pampered Chef Crushed Peppercorn and Garlic.  Brush onto the bread and especially get those pieces of garlic into the cuts!  Bake, and then everything should be ready to eat!  [AFTER IT COOLS!  Man oh man will that chili be hot!]

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment